This is the first entry in my Throwback Thursday series. The series will consist of older photos I’ve taken on random point and shoot cameras and whatever I can remember from each photo.
1. The Von Bondies, Lee’s Palace, May 30, 2009 – This was my first and only time seeing the Von Bondies, sadly. Jason Stollsteimer is an awesome singer/songwriter. He played a song I was unfamiliar with at the end of the show, just him and his guitar. I remember it being one of the best things I’ve ever heard.
2. Lady Sovereign, Lee’s Palace, May 1, 2009 – Ya I like the S.O.V. I remember it being a good show, good crowd and lots of bass.
3. NOFX, Kool Haus, October 9, 2008 – That’s El Hefe playing in front of Talli “She’s Nubs” Osborne. This was the second date of two shows at The Kool Haus in which I saw them play. I’ve seen NOFX so many times, I don’t remember anything specific about this show. I do remember them opening their set the night before with The Decline, their 18 minute song. Unreal.
4. Santigold, The Guvernment, September 24, 2008 – I think Santigold was still going by Santogold at that point. Anyway, this was a free show and the first time I saw her. I remember being blown away by her performance and her dancers. I fell in love with her music at the Virgin Megastore on the Champs Elysees in Paris in June of that year.
5. The Fratellis, V-Fest, September 6, 2008 – On that same day where I sampled Santigold’s album, I sampled The Fratellis Here We Stand which was released just a couple of weeks earlier. I was hearing songs from the previous album at random places throughout that trip in London and Dublin as well. Seeing them for the first time at V-Fest a few months later brought back memories of that awesome vacation.
6. Alexisonfire, Much Parking Lot, June 16, 2007 – This was a rehearsal for the MMVAs.
7. Sloan Tribute Show, The Boat, February 16, 2006 – I think this was a show where bands were playing Sloan songs. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t planned, but Chris Murphy of Sloan was there and ended up playing with one of the bands.
8. The Bicycles, The Boat, February 11, 2006
9. L.A.N.D., The Boat, February 11, 2006 – I don’t remember much from this show except that L.A.N.D. , which was Lullabye Archestra + No Dynamics playing together, rocked so hard. I remember loving every second of No Dynamics’ drummer drumming.
10. Belvedere, Wax Nightclub, Kitchener, November 6, 2005 – I must have seen Belvedere 15-20 times over the years. This was on their farewell tour. I’m glad they reunited 6 years later and still play shows.